Thanksgiving Friday: Things I'm Thankful For

If you have read my previous post, you know what Thanksgiving Friday is all about. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can read the post


List of Things I'm Grateful for This Week



Don’t Have To Wake Up at 4am

This morning when mum and my elder brother got up to go for work, I realised how lucky I was that I get to lie in for another 2 hours. I complain that I don’t get enough sleep, imagine if I had to get up at 4? Thank God that I don’t start work at 5am in the morning. 


Stopped Drinking Coffee

For someone who is addicted to coffee (thinking of you Pooja) and can easily drink 6-7 cups of coffee a day, is a HUGE achievement. It’s like giving up smoking. When you are addicted, it’s hard to cut down let alone give up completely. I am happy and thankful that I was able to stop the coffee habit.


I’m a Abled Person

I was watching a documentary the other day of small kids suffering from various diseases. There was this girl from a rural village who had a dysfunctional face, who couldn’t open her mouth, thus causing a great discomfort. She forced food by pulling her lips.

She was bullied, laughed at and cursed, yet she never complained. I had tears in my eyes. The things that You and I take for granted means the world to kids like her. These might be basic stuff for us but for some, it's a luxury and Youand I should be Grateful and Thankful for whatever we have.

These are some of my highlights from this week. What are you Thankful for this week?

15 comments:

  1. congrats on you quiting your coffee drinking habit naaj :) wish my bf would do the same :D my fave blessing this week would probably being able to watch the play Wicked :) one of the best plays ive ever seen and the ticket came as a surprised , i was not suppose to go ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's good to hear that you were able to watch wicked.

      It's hard to tic up on coffee but I'm glad I did it. Ask him to cut down rather than give up, hopefully slow by slow he will be able to give up.

      Delete
  2. Quitting coffee is really a BIGGIE achievement lady! Keep up! My whole family is tea-addicted (not me luckily) so I wish they can give up on caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Areeba, I should get an award :)

      Tea is better than coffee xx

      Delete
  3. Great post doll I do get up at 4 am everyday to hit the office or travel by 5 am not fun. Congrats doll in quitting coffee drinking all day not good you going to feel better. Enjoy your Saturday.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, it must be difficult to get up so early. I guess once you get into the habit if getting up early then it's fine but still too early, bless you Jackie xx

      Thank you, Coffee has been replaced by water, xx

      Delete
  4. Dear Naaj, many thanks for this wonderful post! Oh, yes, I´m also thankful that I don´t have to get up at 4 am - this would be horrible for me! My sympathy for your mum and your elder brother.

    And now I had also tears in my eyes as I read what you wrote about the kids with various diseases ... We should appreciate much more our healthiness!

    I was this week thankful for many things but especially that I have a really good job with a so nice boss and colleagues - and that I knew such wonderful people like you through my blog <3

    Wish you a perfect start in the new week!

    Kisses from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, glad that I don't have to wake up that early but yeah, bless my family :D

      It was very sad to watch the programme but we need to so we realise how lucky we are to have what we have.

      You are right Rena, working environment must be good and everything else seems easy and less stressful. Have a lovely week, hugs xoxo

      Delete
  5. WoW!! You gave up coffee?! Super congrads! Don't know if I could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm proud of myself :)
      Every morning when I entered my office cabin, the first thing I would do is make coffee otherwise I couldn't function. The other good thing is that I don't miss it which is even better xx

      Delete
  6. I do love coffee, but I rarely drink it. Still, that is one great achievement. I like reading positive posts so this one surely does bring a smile to my face. My boyfriend does wake up a little after 4am.. poor guy.. so I can be thankful that I don't have to either! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasja. I use to drink a lot, sometimes 3 cups in a row. Glad I gave up.

      Im so happy that this post made you smile, that is my main goal, to put smile on your face.

      Bless your boyfriend, I do feel for him.

      Delete
  7. I'm Thankful To God For Giving Me The Strength and Ignorance Quality Since Going Through a Rough Phase These Days..

    Waise, 4 AM? What? Work Starts So Early Abroad? :O Or.. ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to hear that Heena, hope things improve. Sometimes it is better to ignore.

      Yes it does. There was a time when I had to leave by 4am, was too difficult.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now and Never Miss a Post

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner