Thanksgiving Friday: What I Am Thankful For

I got home safely

I wasn't feeling well on Wednesday and while travelling back home, things got worse. I had very bad abdominal pain. I wanted to get home as soon as possible but got stuck in traffic and it took longer but i'm grateful and thankful that I made it home safely. Nothing serious happened on the bus. 


Give someone a compliment and make their day


I met an elderly lady who said: "You are so nice, I will pray for you" just for no reason. I was blushing, she totally made my day. 

It made me wonder that compliments like this don't cost money but they mean a lot and can make somebody happy. Why don't I try to do that? So I have decided that I will try my best to speak good and try and compliment people. You too should give it a try. 


I am thankful that I have a abled body

I saw an elderly gentleman who was walking alone finding his way with the help of a walking cane/walking stick. I kept staring at him and started thinking of all the things I have taken for granted. 

I have said it before and I say it again, it's the simplest things in life that matters the most and the one we take for granted. 

I am thankful for having the opportunity to be one of the person who has a normal body. You and I need to appreciate it a bit more.

Hope you all had a wonderful week. No matter how hard your life may be, always remember that there is someone out there who doesn't have food to eat or a too over their head. Be grateful and thankful for what you have, no matter how big or how small it may be. 



Let's Stay Connected via Social Media 

24 comments:

  1. A really beautiful thankful post. We take a lot of these things for granted. I always try to compliment people because it really does make people's day, but I find it is not done often enough
    Kate xx
    http://appreciatetheday45.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and I personally am guilty of it. It's such an easy thing to do yet we cannot be bothered and are so selfish about it.

      Delete
  2. Very well said and how nice of the lady like people like that, Thank god you made home safe. Is nice to compliment and put a smile in someone face I do it all the time. I believe some people are so caught up they forget. Enjoy your weekend doll
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always compliment people Jackie, that is a very kind and generous of you.

      I was thanking god so much when I made it home safe.

      Delete
  3. I hope you are feeling much better! I bet that was kinda scary :((( what am amazing story! Compliments can go a long way. And I agree too often we overlook them and forget that. I will definietly be doing this with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was going to pass out on the bus, it was damn scary but Thank God I made it home.

      Thanks Nichole xx

      Delete
  4. That's a lovely compliment! You are a sweetie, no wonder she said that!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that you had such pains on your way home ... hope really everything is okay! But this lady you met was really nice and obviously she as a huge knowledge of the human nature because you are indeed nice and you have for sure a heart of gold <3 Thanks for remembering that we should be really thankful that we have a normal body and that we have daily more too eat as we need and further a roof about our head ...

    I wish you all the best and loads of love from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing better Rena, thank you for your concern.

      I take things for granted and it's people like this reminds me that I am lucky to have what I have. Unfortunately, not everybody is born with a roof over their head.

      Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  6. Lovely read!
    http://theknotstory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice post! love your blog!

    http://www.tunuevolook.com/2014/04/camiseta-doble-cero.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely thankful post! I'm also very thankful for being healthy, that's so important. Have a wonderful week!

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine. Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  9. Awww..So Sweet of That Lady To Say That!

    You Are So Right, Naaj! It's Actually The Simple Things That Make Us Complete and Bring Us The Most Joy! Their Presence Isn't Recognized So Much, But Their Ab sens Demeans Our Lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, their a sense is what hits us hard and that's when we realise how important it was.

      Delete
  10. This was great, thank you for posting this. I often times get so caught up with my little problems that I forget there are people out there with real problems.

    www.ashleyudoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not the only one girl, I too get caught up with my own things and forget that there is someone out there who is going through hell.

      Delete
  11. Absolutely agree on these images :D

    Stop by my blog whenever you have time for a chat :D
    xxx

    CitySABS Shop Tip
    Visit The Fashion Milkshake Blog
    JOIN MY BLOGGER NETWORK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely post and it's a nice feeling to know that there are still people out there who are kind and gentle :) lovely post hun! You are a lovely person, inside and out xxx

    Tia

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3459552

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Tia, you are kind. I can be evil as well sometimes so these thanksgiving posts are a reminder to myself to be thankful for what I have

      Delete
  13. I'm sorry to hear you were in so much pain, but yes.. indeed.. nothing truly awful happened to you and you got home safe. That is a thing to be thankful about :) I really love your thanksgiving friday posts!! They bring out the optimist in me.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Natasja. I am so happy to hear that you love the thanksgiving post and that you are being optimistic. Xxxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now and Never Miss a Post

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner